African Charities Need Your Donations
African charities need help even with all of the global attention on the plight of the African people. The population is victimized by public corruption and misuse of available funds. Charities must carry the load if help is going to find its way to the hands of the people who need it. They are still suffering from the results of wars, HIV, and poverty. Many have limited access to clean water, decent sanitation, electricity, safe working conditions and medical services. The healthcare that is available in the private sector is too expensive for most Africans.
How to Raise Funds for African Charities
There are many fun ways to raise money for African charities. Individual donations are always welcome, but do not overlook the different ways you can increase the amount of your donations using social media, online sources, or the old-fashioned way by hosting an event. Here are some ideas to consider for fundraising:
Create a Birthday Fundraiser on Facebook
Facebook allows you to create a birthday fundraising event online. Simply go to the Facebook information page regarding this fundraising event and follow the instructions. It could not be any easier. You simply set a goal amount and create a custom message about your charitable cause. On your birthday, your friends will receive a notification inviting them to donate to that charity. Note that only nonprofits that have been approved for fundraisers on Facebook can be selected to receive donations for these fundraisers.
Be a Community Fundraiser Volunteer
Organize an event in your community to raise funds for an African charity. There are many different things you can do to have a fun and successful event. If you host an event, be sure you have a place online where people who cannot attend can still make donations. A few examples of successful and creative events include:
- Host a movie night and charge an admission fee.
- Organize a bike ride, walk, or run, and collect donations for every mile they ridden.
- Host a car wash.
- Sell crafts, candy, baked goods, or other donated items at a local flea market or farmers market and donate the proceeds to an African charity.
- Host a silent auction and sell items donated by local businesses and artists.
- Partner with a retailer and host a fashion show.
- Host a carnival consisting of homemade booths.
- Use an app such as Actionbound to set up a scavenger hunt.
- Partner with a bar and host a trivia night.
- Host a casino night or for family oriented events, host a game night.
- Host a bake sale.
- Have community members donate their used ink cartridges, defunct electronics and old magazines, then sell these to recyclers and donate the sales proceeds.
- Partner with a local crafts person and create a beautiful bracelet or pendant to sell, that displays a logo or other icon that identifies the cause, and donate the sale proceeds to the charity.
- Hold a bingo event and combine it with a raffle.
These are just a few examples of fun fundraiser events. You can find many other event ideas by going online.
Post information about the cause to help an African charity on one of the crowdfunding pages. Follow their tips for creating a title for your story and add photos so that it inspires people to donate. You can spread awareness about the plight of African communities and any funds you raise can be sent directly to the charity’s bank account, so you can get help right away.
Download an App Like Charity Miles
Record your own walking and jogging using a charity app and earn money for your charity each time you go.
Raise Funds through The Last Well
The mission of The Last Well is to provide access to safe-drinking water for the entire nation of Liberia, border to border, and offer the gospel to every community it serves by 2020. Donations are easy using their website, whether by one-time donations or by monthly donations. You can also donate as a family or in groups to help transform an entire village in the country of Liberia with the Gospel and Safe Drinking Water.
Go to thelastwell.org and make a donation to give life to a child, a whole family or even an entire community in Liberia. The Last Well is extremely close to their 2020 goal and you can be a part of history by joining in.
Contact The Last Well for More Information on how you can help
Go to thelastwell.org to learn more about how you can support their mission to bring safer drinking water to Africa. You can also find out about the many ways you can donate and how inexpensive it is to sponsor an entire African village.